Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another patriarchal religion

2500 years and not one female lineage guru in the transmission of the Dharma. I don't get it. If gender is supposed to be empty of inherent existence then why are there not any female lineage gurus? A few token female Buddhas certainly doesn't balance it out.

Why are men always the leaders of big spiritual movements? It must be a control thing. Obviously profound spiritual realizations have not been able to transcend their genetic urge to dominate. Tsk tsk.

I say we need ALL female lineage gurus for the next 2500 years! Then we might be balanced and some of this Dharma might actually start making some sense to me!

Hey, don't burn me at the stake or label me a prostitute just because of my genitals, boobs, hormones, pretty face, soft hair, curvy butt...

:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment