Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dharma Dreams: Getting the Hell Out of Hell

The dream:

I felt excruciating pain then I was dead.

I was in a large flooded room with extremely high ceilings like the lobby of a fancy of modern bank building. People were lined up filing through a doorway into hell. Of course, everyone looked miserable and the mood was a bit bleak, much like standing in line for a bank teller.

As I approached the door, a man waiting at the door told me I didn’t have to be here. He said I could leave anytime I wanted. I asked him how. He pointed at the large doors on the other side of the room where we had just entered. He said I could just go through them. I felt slow and sluggish as I turned toward them. They closed. I felt discouraged and doomed.

“It’s too late,” I said.

“No, it’s not,” he replied.

“The doors have closed.”

“Just push them open.”

I wanted to believe him, but was it that easy? Wasn't my fate sealed? Was it a trick? Could I really leave? Should I really leave? Didn't I have an obligation to follow the others?

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment